Culinary Quiz 2012
The Sugar Club
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
Culinary Quiz 2012
Help us adopt a garden in Africa by registering a team in Culinary Quiz 2012. For €50 you can field a team of up to five culinary experts ready to destroy all competitors in a battle royale of gastronomic knowledge. Or, just bring four of your closest friends to have a laugh, enjoy some cocktails and possibly win a prize or two. Either way, you're helping to build one of a thousand food gardens in Africa. Here's a sampling of what you could win:
- Dinner for two at Peploe's, Stephen's Green
- A weekend away at a fabulous hotel
- A cookery course at Dunbrody House, County Wexford
The grand prize will be a hamper of wine and fine foods for each member of the winning team. All proceeds will go to the 1000 Gardens in Africa Project.
Registered Team Names
- Gastronomic Guardians
- May Contain Nuts!
- pick 'n' mix
- Cold Turkey
- Porkie Pies
- The Noshalots
- Try & Ketchup With Us
- Wined and Dined
- The Culinarians
- Lexton's Substandard
- The Cereal Killers
- Nouvelle Cuisine
- Honest 2 Goodness
- A Faint Tang of Urine
- The Spam Busters
- The Secret Ingredient
- Bord Bia
A Thousand Gardens in Africa
The Terra Madre communities have embarked on an ambitious project: to create a thousand food gardens in schools, villages and on the outskirts of cities in 25 African countries.
In Africa, the local coordinators of the project have already involved 730 communities.
In the rest of the world, Slow Food's international network has sprung into action to collect the funds to develop the gardens. 618 gardens have already been adopted.
The cost of creating a garden is approximately 900 euro:
- Materials: € 250
- Training local participants: € 100
- Exchanges with other projects and regional training: €100
- Coordination and technical assistance: €250
- Contribution to scholarships for African students to attend the University of Gastronomic Sciences: € 100
- Contribution for African garden communities to participate in the Terra Madre world event: €50
For more information please look here.